Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Last entry for PBEY 3102



What do you like about blogging?

I think blogging really helps me to reflect my own learning. I can see whether I understand what have been taught or not. Then, I can do SWOT analysis which is a strategic planning method used to see strength, weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Lastly, it helps me to think how to improve anything that I should improve maybe I have to be more focused during class.



What you do not like about blogging?

I have to spend my time and think deeply about anything that I want to write in my blog. If I don’t have anything to do, it’s ok to me but there are lots of things that we have to finish.



What have you gained from blogging e.g. Language skills, improved fluency, critical thinking, improved thought processes, technology skills etc. How?

Yes, blogging really helps me to improve my skills, for example, by writing; it can improve my writing skills as well as my language skills. I will know some of the grammatical errors that I did. Besides, to write anything, I need to stimulate my critical thinking by coming out with some ideas. On the other hand, blogging really helps in my technology skills. For example, I need to sign up into BlogSpot, then to start blogging; it requires me to explore some of the functions in BlogSpot, how to add the picture, how to create a new post.



How to change the font, etc. What do you like about this course?

I have learn many things about technology, especially how to find and explore about technological resources. For example, by doing the modules, I have learn on how to download some softwares, such as any video converter used to convert the files in the video, to cut the video, to do some snapshot from the video etc. Besides, I have also learn on how to search the web, how to convert the files into words, pdf etc. to conclude, many things I’ve learnt actually.



What you do not like about this course?

In order to finish all the modules, I have to spend many days to finish it. Thus, I have done many works, to printscreen, follow all the steps, and to print the same thing. Besides, the tasks given also require lot of time to do. Frankly speaking, there are lots of things that we need to do for other subjects too.



What have you learnt from this course?

I have learned many things especially something related to technology. Everything is about technology and in order to find some resources also requires the use of technology. This course also helps me in my technology skills.



What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?

Everything that I have learned in this course is the things that I’ve never expected from the very beginning. Such as audio editting, video editing, E-book etc. All those things are related to resources in technology.



What have u expected but do not learn from this course?

No, I did not expect anything before, Anything that was expected, I’ve already learnt in this course.



9-Comments regarding modules:Internet and computing skills

What do you like about this module?

I have learned on how to find the some of the resources from the internet as well as enhance my computing skills.



What do you not like about this module?

To download some document from the intrenet, it will take some time. This module also quite thick and lots of thing we should do.



What do you like about the task given for this module?

The task really helps me to find some documents and information from the internet.



What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Nothing. But I think the task is quite confusing at first, but I managed to do it.



What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I have learned on how to search related documents from the internet. It really enhanced my internet skills( technology skills)



How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

Yes, I can find some documents from the internet and use it as my teaching aids. Besides, I have learnt some computing skills which it really helps to enhance my skills to use computer.



Photo Editing



What do you like about this module?

I know how to edit the photo, to make the photos more interesting thus, knows about many softwares for photo editing.



What do you not like about this module?

Nothing that I don’t like about this module



What do you like about the task given for this module?

For the task in this module, I managed to finish the task before the due date shows that I really like to do this task. I love to edit the pictures actually



What do you not like about the task given for this module?

To come out with many teaching aids from the lesson plan done, it makes me a little bit confuse and require lots of time.



What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

The specific skills that I’ve learn is to make the pictures become more interesting is not the easy thing to do. It requires lot of time. At the same time we have to do print screen and I was told a bit late, then, I have to redo the same thing( I cannot remember what I did to the previous edited picture)



How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

Yes, I can choose some pictures that can be used as my teaching aids, then if the pictures not clear for example, I can edit that pictures and make it more interesting.


Audio Editing Skills



What do you like about this module?

I know how to edit the audio , cut the song and do many things with the audio.



What do you not like about this module?

It requires lot of time. For example, if we want to increase and decrease the sound of the audio,we need to hear the sound from the very beginning, identify which part that we want to edit.



What do you like about the task given for this module?

I can combine the songs, learn on how to do a ringtone and edit the audio by identifying which past that should be edited.



What do you not like about the task given for this module?

For the task 3, some part is quite difficult to identify and it was quite difficult to remove the noise, I can only decrease the noise and cut the audio a little bit, so that that audio will run smoothly.



What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

Skills on how to use audacity software, and know some function in this software. Thus, I have learn many things about audio editing



How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can use my skills on how to edit audio, maybe I can choose any song especially children song, edit that song and use it in class especially with children. Example, I can make the song as a minus one.


Video Editing Skills



What do you like about this module?

I’ve learn something on how to edit the audio, know many software that can be used to edit the video such as windows movie maker, any video converter, etc.



What do you not like about this module?

I like everything about this module



What do you like about the task given for this module?

The tasks given required me to extract the pictures , the audio and it really help me by giving new knowledge about video editing



What do you not like about the task given for this module?

For some software such as windows movie maker, only a video with AVI format can be used. So, I have to find different software to do this task.



What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learn on how to extract the pictures, audio from the video and it really helps to enhance my skill in editing the video and make it to become more interesting.



How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can pick any video that suitable with the topic, extract the pictures as well as the audio and use it as my teaching aids.


Software for ELT What do you like about this module?

I’ve learn many things about new softwares as well as learn many things from Microsoft publisher



What do you not like about this module?

Some software make me confuse on how to use it and require lots of time to explore.



What do you like about the task given for this module?

I can explore many things about software, learn about something new



What do you not like about the task given for this module?

The tasks given was quite confusing and we have to be more creative in order to come out with a piece of good work



What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I’ve learning some searching skills as well as thinking skills on how to be more creative.



How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

Yes, I can come out with many things once I master doing all these and know how to use many interesting things. For example, I will come out with a poster so that it can be used to promote something or can be used during teaching and learning session.



If you can change anything about this course, state what is and elaborate?

Maybe in one module, do not repeat the same thing, maybe introduce only one or two things in details ( just like before), doing the print screen etc and the rest is just the introduction and no need to do, just giving the tutorial. The task given also should be minimize, because there’s lot of things that we should do, for other subjects as well and it make we did not able to finish all the works within the time given



On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate your computing and technological skills for both before and after undergoing the course.

-7 ( seven)

No comments:

Post a Comment